Friday 1 June 2012

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter


In the UK, the Lip Butters are available in 14 luscious shades:

~ 001 Pink Truffle
~ 005 Sugar Frosting
~ 010 Raspberry Pie
~ 015 Tutti Frutti
~ 025 Peach Parfait
~ 035 Candy Apple
~ 096 Macaroon
~ 050 Berry Smoothie
~ 055 Cupcake
~ 075 Lollipop
~ 080 Strawberry Shortcake
~ 090 Sweet Tart
~ 095 Crème Brulee
~ 045 Cotton Candy

Normally, I would not subscribe to the hype created by youtubers and bloggers over certain products. However, after watching this video by Cantonese speaking youtuber james813, I have persuaded myself to take advantage of the Boots '2 for £10' offer on Revlon cosmetics and purchased my first Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in 096 Macaroon and 050 Berry Smoothie.

Wish list:
~ 001 Pink Truffle
~ 005 Sugar Frosting
~ 045 Cotton Candy
~ 070 Cherry Tart (not available in the UK)

EDIT: As you can see, I have since purchased three more lip butters - I blame Boots and their '3 for 2' offer...

I have also purchased the last item on my wishlist via eBay from egret365 (highly recommended international seller).

Verdict
Definite favourites include: Berry Smoothie, Pink Truffle and Cotton Candy.
Macaroon looks better in the evening under electric lights, as opposed to daylight.
Sugar Frosting is too pale, and not a suitable colour for my lips.
Cherry Tart looks better in natural daylight as opposed to electric lights.


There is a possibility that I may repurchase Pink Truffle - it's certainly a contender for the 'my lips but better' category. However, one small criticism I have for the Revlon Lip Butters is that the colour transfers very easily onto glass rims and mug edges which is slightly off-putting.



* Domestic Goblin claims no credit for the image used in this post. The visual image used in this post is copyrighted to its respectful owner *

No comments:

Post a Comment