Sunday 1 February 2015

Maths, Science, History


The notion of romantic love: an unnecessary cultural construct that has no value to human relationships. (Amy Farrah Fowler).

Take away those pillows. I shall need them no more. (Lewis Carroll).

Having now finished the work assigned me, I retire from the great theatre of Action; and bidding an Affectionate farewell to this August body under whose orders I have so long acted, I here offer my Commission, and take my leave of all the employments of public life. (George Washington).

I don't want to be attached to another object by an inclined plane wrapped helically around an axis. (Sheldon Cooper).

Proxima Centauri's the nearest star. 
The celestial bodies that follow are:

Alpha Centauri A, 
Toli, 
Barnard's Star, 
Wolf 359, 
Lalande 21185, 
Sirius A, 
Sirius B, 
BL Ceti, 
UV Ceti, 
Ross 154, 
Ross 248, 
Epsilon Eridani, 
Lac 9352, 
Ross 128, 
EZ Aquarii A, 
EZ Aquarii B, 
EZ Aquarii C, 
Procyon A... 
Those are the stars that are nearest to me, 
Tra-la-la and fiddle-dee-dee!

No comments:

Post a Comment