Tuesday 1 November 2011

LUSH - Fresh Handmade Cosmetics

Headquarted in Poole, Dorset, United Kingdom.
Founded in 1994 by husband and wife team: Mark and Mo Constantine.
Offers handmade face, body and hair products that are solely tested on human volunteers.
Click here to read their values.

I have to admit that since LUSH opened their first stores, I have avoided them like the plague - mainly because of the overwhelming scent as soon as you step foot into any of their stores - inducing headaches and sneezing in myself and my shopping partner. Therefore I have never stayed longer than three seconds and therefore never really found out why so many people rave about them.

Sixteen years later, my shopping partner and I walked past a LUSH store, but this time our senses reacted differently. The smell emitting from the store actually intrigued and enticed us inside and we did not suffer from any of the allergic reactions we had previously experienced. For once we were actually able to spend some time looking at the products on offer.

I am currently intrigued by their solid bubble bars and their solid shampoo bars particularly as they do not contain preservatives like liquid products do. By choosing a solid product, there is no need for packaging, eliminating the use of plastic bottles.

You never know, LUSH bath products may appear on my list intended for people who are not sure what to buy me for Christmas or for my Birthday...

No comments:

Post a Comment