Sunday 1 May 2016

My Favourite Reviews

Fictional:

"The uni with wasabi snow, while conceptually ambitious, was a disappointment" - (Nina, food critic on Master Of None played by Claire Danes).

"The chef's mahi-mahi was awful awful" - (New York Post critic reviewing Alessandro's).

"I'm torn... between my integrity and my desire to avoid a beating. But I must be honest, your soup is abysmal" - (After the food critic tastes Monica's bouillabaisse again). 


Genuine:

"Well it would have been splendid ... if the wine had been as cold as the soup, the beef as rare as the service, the brandy as old as the fish, and the maid as willing as the duchess" - (when a young Winston Churchill was asked about dinner he had attended the night before).


Domestic Goblin's sample verbal book reviews:

"Nothing really happens"
"The story should have ended a few chapters ago"



No comments:

Post a Comment